Exhibition : Of Lions and Men, Feline Myths - 400 centuries of fascination
This international exhibition takes you on a great journey where this almost universal fascination for felines will be the focus of the attention.
Identification, fear, veneration... what feelings have the felines inspired to man for 400 centuries?
OF LIONS AND MEN : Feline mythology: 400 centuries of fascination
is a major exhibition inspired by the cave lions of the Chauvet Pont-d’Arc cave.
The grotte Chauvet 2 - Ardèche is proud to present an international exhibition that explores the presence of felines in human mythology and traditions.
Identification, fear, veneration….what feelings have big cats inspired over the last 400 centuries ?
The exhibition takes the visitor on a journey across Europe, Asia, America and Africa.
Works of art and ceremonial objects illustrate a universal fascination for these enigmatic animals. A 46 -thousand-year-old mummified cave lion cub (known as Uyan) will be presented for the very first time in Europe. Over 170 objects and animal exhibits from the most prestigious international collections will be displayed. (The Louvre, Quai Branly, Berlin National Museum, the Natural History Museum…)
Exhibition curators : Maria Gonzalez Menendez and Valérie Moles
Adult: 16.50 €, Teenager (10-17 years): 7.50 €, Group adults: 14.50 €.
Free entry for children < 10 years.
Group rate available for > 20 people.
The entry ticket includes a guided tour of the cave, open access to the Aurignacian Gallery, an access to the exhibition "Of lions and Men" and access to workshops during school holidays.
- Hearing disability
- Mental disability
- Visual disability
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
- Reserved space 330 cm wide < 20 m from the site
- Vertical signage of parking spaces
- Even flooring with no obstacles
- Absence of protrusions > 2 cm
- Minimum aisle width of 90 cm
- Doors >=77 cm wide
- Internal doors with easy openings
- Reception desk between 70-80 cm high
- Absence of steps
- WC + grab handle + adequate space to move
- Site, building totally accessible
- Magnetic loop available at the reception
- Presence of pictograms and / or simplified visuals
- Documentation available in Braille
- Relief map, tactile model or audio device description available at the reception
- Reception staff sensitized to the reception of people with disabilities